Best Banana Bread… just ‘cuz sometimes you gotta say WTF! – Happy #NationalBananaBreadDay
To celebrate National Banana Bready Day we turned to our very own Stacia Carlton for her simply fantastic Banana Bread Recipe. Give it a try, we know you want to!!
For more great recipes of all kinds Visit: bestillandeat.com
A classic banana bread
- 1¾ cups AP flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 med size)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Beat together sugar and shortening till light.
- Add eggs and milk beating until smooth
- Alternately fold in flour mixture and mashed bananas to creamed mixture beating until smooth.
- Turn batter into a lightly greased 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into centre comes away clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
Stacia Carlton is a culinary school grad and food writer with a commitment to healthy, real and most importantly simply delicious food. Find her weekly at www.bestillandeat.com