Oakwood Village Arts Festival – A celebration of Art Building Community June 8th 2013, 11am-6pm, on Oakwood between Rogers and Vaughan, rain or shine!
Join us for a fabulous range of performances, workshops, demonstrations, and opportunities for people of all ages to interact through the arts, in our vibrant mid-town Toronto neighbourhood. The festival will unfold at various venues along Oakwood Ave, from Vaughan Road to Holland Park Ave. Admission to all events is FREE!
- A fun-filled drama workshop led by Threshold Theatre
- Arts and crafts drop-in led by ArtStarts
- Shorts for Shorties, short films presented by aluCine, Latin Film Media Arts
- Live music by Jessica Bundy, there there indigo, Tio Chorinho, Michael Garrick
- Caricature drawing with Adrian Hayles; Face painting by Isabel Mazzotta
- Dance performances from Oakwood Collegiate and J.R. Wilcox students
- Videos from Vaughan Road Academy students
- Karate and Aikido demonstrations, Salsa lessons, Yoga demos
- Street sale c/o Oakwood Village BIA
- Oakwood Village Voices: a creative community discussion with local politicians, police, businesses and… you! Followed by music and refreshments.