St Clair Station Construction Updates
Scheduled Start: June 19, 2016
Completion: December 2016
Beginning on June 19, 2016 the TTC will be co-ordinating various accessibility and infrastructure improvement projects inside both St Clair and St Clair West stations and along the St Clair streetcar route. Construction is required to prepare for the new, accessible streetcars, which are scheduled to begin operating on St. Clair Avenue in 2018.
The following is an overview of the projects on St. Clair Avenue and at St Clair Station. Due to construction at St Clair Station (and at St Clair West Station), streetcars will be replaced with buses.
512 St Clair Streetcar Route: Platform Adjustments (June 19 to December 2016)
• Adjusting a four-metre section of passenger platforms to conform with the deployable ramp working range
• Installing extra railing for added safety
• Placing tactile strips for accessibility purposes
St Clair Station Projects:
Overhead Wire Replacement (June 20 – Early September)
• Overhead wires inside the streetcar loop will be upgraded
Streetcar Passenger Loading Platform Rehabilitation (end of July to December 2016)
• Replace the passenger platform (concrete slab) and install new streetcar water-proofing system
Roofing Project (end of July to December 2016)
• Removal of existing St Clair Station roof (installation of new roof and fall-protection system)
• Temporary barriers and overhead protection to be in place
Beginning June 19, 2016 buses will run along St Clair Avenue (customer will board buses curbside). Signage will be in place.
• Please take a transfer at point of purchase.
• From June 19 to early September, buses are scheduled to replace streetcars along the entire
512 St Clair route. Streetcars are scheduled to resume service between Gunn’s Loop
(Keele Street) and St Clair West Station (Bathurst Street) in early September.
• If travelling past St Clair West Station on the 512 St Clair between September and December, you will be required to transfer between streetcars and shuttle buses.
• During construction, the 512 buses will loop east on St. Clair Avenue, south onto Avoca Avenue, west on Pleasant Boulevard serving the St Clair Station bus loop and then the buses will exit east via Pleasant Boulevard, north on Avoca Avenue and west on the St. Clair Avenue route.
The 512 Streetcar service will return to use the St. Clair Avenue entrance in December.
• During construction, 74 Mt Pleasant and 88 South Leaside buses will loop via south on Avoca Avenue, west on Pleasant Boulevard, north on Yonge Street, and east on St. Clair Avenue. Please board buses on Pleasant Boulevard. In December, the 74 & 88 bus routes will return to their regular routing via Avoca Avenue and Pleasant Boulevard.
If paying a fare by cash or token, get a time-based transfer from an operator on the 512 St Clair route during construction. The time-based transfer is valid until the expiry time shown. The transfer allows you to stop along St. Clair Avenue for two hours to shop. (Time-based transfer is not available with PRESTO.)
Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with some extensions beyond these hours in order to complete the work as quickly as possible.
Noise, Vibration and Odour
Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum. The roofing contractor has been requested to use materials and take measures to minimize odour as much as possible.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve transit in Toronto.
Please visit your local Business Improvement Area’s website for the latest deals and updates:
• St. Clair Gardens
• Corso Italia
• Regal Heights Village
• Hillcrest Village
• Wychwood Heights
Access to paid parking lots along St. Clair Avenue will remain available.
For the latest transit service details and project information:
Please visit: ttc.ca/projects (See: Making St Clair Accessible)
Contact: Denise Jayawardene, Senior Community Liaison, 416-393-6937, email@example.com
Thank You to Angeli San Juan for Update