The CoolWay Recipes
HOT weather has finally arrived and there’s no better way to enjoy it than with summer ice cream recipes. CoolWay is Canada’s newest low calorie ice cream, which at less than 360 calories per pint, allows you to indulge without any of the guilt. CoolWay contains 50 per cent less sugar than other brands, is non GMO, gluten free and comes in seven different flavours perfect for incorporating into an ice cream dessert.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups CoolWay Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. To a large bowl, add butter, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla. Whisk until light and fluffy.
3. To another bowl, add all dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt). Mix.
4. Transfer the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, mix until well-incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 10-12 scoop-shaped cookies. Gently flatten them using your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden-brown. Let cool completely.
7. For each sandwich, place about 1/4 cup of ice cream between two cookies and press gently to evenly distribute. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours before enjoying.
Mint Chip Milkshake
2-3 large scoops CoolWay Mint Chip ice cream
1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
Green food colouring (optional)
Whipped cream (for topping)
Chocolate sauce (for topping)
1. Place ice cream and milk in a blender. Blend until incorporated. If you want a brighter green colour, add a few drops of green food colouring.
2. Pour into a glass, top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Note: To add a crunchy rim to your milkshake glass, process chocolate cookies in the food processor. Spread a layer of chocolate sauce on the rim of each glass and roll the rim in the cookie crumbs.
Pickup your CoolWay Ice Cream at your local Longo’s, Metro or Walmart!