The Key to better Health for you Body Could be Right Under Your..FEET! #WellbeingWednesday
How often have you heard someone complain “MY FEET ARE KILLING ME” or even said it to yourself? Guess why?
- 25% of all the bones in your body are found in your feet (26 in each foot).
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps in a day.
- You will probably walk 100,000 miles in your lifetime. That’s 4 trips around the globe!
- More than 75% of people will experience foot problems during their lifetime.
- Women have 4 times the foot problems that men do, mostly due to ill fitting footwear.
Like the foundation of a house, your feet support the weight of everything above them. Small problems with the feet cause subtle changes in your posture and the way you walk. This chain reaction causes stress on other joints, causing:
- foot pain
- hip pain
- knee pain
- back pain
If you experience any of the above types of pain on a regular basis, the answer might lie in getting your feet examined. Check out this short animation that explains why:
Here’s to you having “Happy Feet”